🎯 Employee Growth Plans
Author(s): Christian Scott & Blake Shalem
👥 Growth Plan Template
🕹 Staff Skill Trees
⚔️ Standard “Pentester” Skill Tree
🛠 Standard “Engineer” Skill Tree
🛡 Standard “GRC Analyst” Skill Tree
💬 Employee Growth Chart Introduction Guide
Growth charts are one of the essential tools we utilize to build and adjust our personal and professional development goals, so we can clearly see our progress and ensure growth. This guide includes information and tips for outlining our thoughts and plans so we can think big.
Why is my Growth Chart important?
One of the core values of our firm is continuous growth and progression. We believe it is important to constantly challenge ourselves, fail, learn and try again with adjustments. It’s also very rewarding to look back on your goals and plans to see everything you have achieved. “Remember when you wished for what you have now.” We plan to revisit everyone’s growth chart and adjust as necessary semi-annually.
- Personal Growth
- Life Goals
- Professional Growth
- Skills (Hard and Soft)
- Career Path
What’s the point?
Getting thoughts out of our heads and on paper allows us to organize and simplify our goals for clearer focus. This also ensures we are all on the same page in terms of our team member’s current skill sets, plans, strengths, and weaknesses.
Growth Chart Sections & Details
🥳 Who are you?
- This section allows us to understand better your background, abilities, interests, things you do not like, etc.
- We are a 100% virtual company so learning more about each other is a concerted effort.
📖 Obtained Certifications & Education
- We pride ourselves on our abilities, not our certifications. However, any certifications or education achieved is worth celebrating.
⏱️ Past Employment and Expertise etc.
- It’s helpful to know where you came from and what roles you’ve previously had to better plan for the future.
👤 People Manager
- Your manager will add their name to this section.
🧡 Core Values
- Knowing what matters to you is important to us.
📘 Preferred Learning Style(s)
- We often hold in-house training sessions with management and peers, so any insight into your preferred learning styles helps us tailor our approach to you.
💪 Competencies & Strengths
- You know yourself best, so outlining your strengths helps us get to know you better so we can better leverage your best qualities.
🙊 Limitations & Weaknesses
- We all have our weaknesses, and being self-aware and open to improvement is important to us as we all learn and grow together.
📈 Future & Progress Plan
⌚ Work Goals Separated By Timeframe
We want to empower you to project your wishes and dreams, as well as the practical next steps towards achieving them.
- We are continuously growing to better support our team financially and benefits-wise. Provide us insight into your future financial needs and goals and any ideas of additional benefits you would like us to consider.
🗒️ People Manager Notes
We take the time to analyze your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and dreams to provide in-depth insight and feedback to best support you along the way. It’s important to ensure you are on the same page as the team and leadership as we all grow together.
Leadership will analyze your current skills and goals and develop a custom learning path with a focused plan for you that is subject to adjustments as we collaborate on the future.
Fun Footer Stuff:
Copyright 2023 Enclave Regenerous. Unless otherwise stated, all of our work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Simply put, please share it, provide attribution and if you remix it then share generously with others. The work of others that is featured on this site is always provided with attribution and is not directly monetized.
The opinions expressed here are respectively our own and do not reflect the views of our organization or anyone else unless quoted verbatim.
We try our best to provide helpful insight to folks but there is no warranty to completeness of anything we create or post here; so please be sure to always do your own research.